From the THINK BIGGER, THINK BETTER podcast with Paul Gibbons:
Michael and Paul discussed how businesses to apply behavioral science in their approaches to both employee engagement and consumer behavior. Paul and Michael discussed how the field is only in its infancy and how much more we have to learn, and we talk about some firms and practitioners that are paving the way for some serious innovation in the application of behavioral science. Michael also touches on the role of gamification in behavioral science and where we’re already seeing behavioral science change consumer decision-making.
What You’ll Learn about Behavioral Science from this Episode:
- Why behavioral science is one of the hottest and most important topics in business today.
- What problems behavioral science solves that other approaches can’t.
- How behavioral science will change in the next decade (and how it will change business, too).
- The role of self-reflection in behavioral science and real-world applications of it.
- What managers need to know if they want to apply behavioral science principles in their work.
- Where consumers are already seeing behavioral science in their everyday lives (even if they don’t realize it yet).
- Why behavioral science is more of an experimental process than a simple step-by-step process.